Friday, July 28, 2017

Produsage Assignment Complete!! :)

As a former teacher, I initially had a hard time trying to retrain my brain to design a lesson plan where students are producers instead of consumers. My brain is still trying to fight back after years of teacher training saying to teach otherwise, but I will say I'm quite pleased with the final result.

In my previous post, I stated that learners would use a blog to write about what they learned about creating instructional videos and embed their video within their post. Since then (albeit three days ago) I revised my plan. So instead of using blogs, I'll be using Canvas as my course's main platform. I chose Canvas since it was an easy way to have all my instructor material in one place and wanted to create a realistic online course assignment.

Here's a quick overview of my produsage assignment:

For my instructional design produsage project, students will be in an online ISLT course called EME5000-Designing Media Environments (a fake course I made up) and will be learning about the principles of effective multimedia learning. The overall goal of this lesson will be for students to apply their knowledge of the principles of effective multimedia learning and to create a short instructional video using the online tool, PowToon. After their video is created and uploaded to YouTube, they will add their video to our class's Listly to coproduce a list of videos that adhere to these principles.

To access my lovely creation you'll need the following:
(1) A Canvas account. The URL to my course is https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/1185081.

(2) My class Listly:

Examples of Instructional Videos Using Principles of Effective Multimedia

This is a list of videos students from EME5000-Designing Media Environments created that implement principles of effective multimedia use.

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'm still not sure I completely managed the producers versus consumers aspect of things to the right ratio...I hope so. Though it didn't help that 1 of my objectives is related to getting students to read/consume more by producing comments and working together in diigo.

    Your assignment is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete