Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Social Media Platforms

I've been thinking of how I want to my blog to be formated and decided that each week I will focus on a specific aspect of Web 2.0 such as social media platforms, self-publishing platforms, web applications, community tools, and collaborative platforms.

This week I will be discussing my findings about social media sites! On my twitter (@KelliWeb2point0), I've posted a poll to see which social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instragram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) tend to be used the most often and would love for you to vote. Hopefully, I'll have enough participants to discuss the results later this week!

To be honest, prior to enrolling in this course, I didn't realize how broad Web 2.0 is and that is even encompasses social media platforms. After learning that Web 2.0 is about allowing users to share and generate their own online content, it made sense why social media falls under the category of Web 2.0.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kelli,

    Just did the poll you created. Facebook wins! No wonder. 2 billion people using Facebook!

    I am so curious about how to learn from each other effectively and efficiently via the tools. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one of the most important aspects to effective and efficient learning is that learners are active sharers and are consistent in their interactions!

      Delete
  2. Hey Kelli! I look forward to reading your insights; it sounds like a good format.

    I too was surprised by just how much web 2.0 encompasses. So much new terrain to explore!

    ReplyDelete