Saturday, July 29, 2017

Emaze-ing Presentation Tool

I came across the online presentation tool Emaze by accident and think it's a tool you too should check out!

What caught my eye is how versatile this application is. As you can see by the image below, you have the choice to create a presentation, website, blog, e-card, or photo album.

Once you choose what you want to create, Emaze has pre-made templates you can choose from or if you're gutsy you can start from scratch.


I decided to create a powerpoint-like presentation and used the images and information from my Listly curation about mountain biking in Tallahassee 101 because I wanted to play around with the tool and not focus too much on the information being added. If you look at the below image, you'll notice a similar interface to powerpoint. 


PROS:

  • over 40 templates
  • you can import a powerpoint
  • you can upload your own images or search for free use images
  • you can include hyperlinks
  • automatic spell check
  • sharing capabilities to major social media platforms
  • you can download your presentation
  • you can do a lot with the free version


CONS:

  • presentations are public if using free version
  • doesn't automatically save work
  • not everything on slide is editable
  • does not support collaboration


Here's what I made in 15 minutes. I could have used more bells and whistles, but I just wanted a general understanding of this app so I could add it to my Instructional Designer toolbelt. Later this week I'm planning on creating a quiz with Emaze through the presentation format. Let me know what you think!

Powered by emaze

No comments:

Post a Comment