Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Community Tools- Tumblr

This week I'll be writing about Web 2.0 tools that can be used in education to create learning communities.

To kick off this week… Let’s talk about Tumblr!

I remember hearing about Tumblr years ago, but never jumped on the band wagon because I didn’t really see the need to get one since I already had Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebooks accounts. However, I decided to finally check out Tumblr and see why millions of people use it.

Tumblr has been around since 2007 and as of June 1, 2017, it has over 349.3 million blogs. This is a free blogging platform that allows users to view content as well as create their own. Tumblr caters towards building communities for sharing information. The types of posts one can make are text, links, audio, pictures, quotes, and links. Besides simply leaving comments on people’s posts, there are other ways to comment. For example, people can “like” your post or reblog your post by adding a caption to it.

Throughout week I’ll be messing with Tumblr and seeing how communities work on Tumblr and reflect about it later this week. Let me know if you have a Tumblr and your thoughts on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment